Lyrids 2018 Festival Information
- Teachers – Cristian Florescu and Sonia Dion
- Location for the festival – Peretz Centre in Vancouver, BC
- Osem i Devet with Miamon Miller is our new band put together by Michael Lawson for the Saturday Evening Live Music Dance Party
- Schedule for the weekend
- Fees for full weekend or per session
- 2018 Catering by Tayybeh – A Celebration of Syrian Cuisine
- Nearby Hotels & Restaurants
- Festival Shop – Bring your ethnic items and dance items to sell at the Boutique. A 15% consignment fee will be collected when your item sells.
2018 Lyrids Meteor Shower
The Lyrid meteor shower will reach its maximum on Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 11:22 am. The Lyrids are created by debris from comet Thatcher, which takes about 415 years to orbit around the Sun.
Considered to be the oldest known meteor shower, the Lyrids are named after constellation Lyra. The radiant point of the shower, the point in the sky where the meteors seem to emerge from, lies near the star Vega, one of the brightest stars in the sky during this time of the year.
Please remember that the festival will be video-recorded and by registering for the festival you are agreeing to be video-recorded. We ask that you not do any video-recording yourself to protect the teachers’ intellectual property.
You are welcome to take photos. Please help fill our photo album by submitting your excellent photos after the weekend.
Please keep in mind that some dancers are sensitive and/or allergic to perfumes and scents. Please do not use any perfumes or fragrances.